Going blank when it’s time to go out with your boyfriend or girlfriend? Here are some fun date ideas to share with your significant other!
Some people are especially loving and thoughtful around their anniversaries or other special ocassions, but that’s not really what love is all about, right? Being loving and thoughtful should be an all-year-round thing!
However, when you’ve been together for a while, it’s easy to fall into the same old routines, go out to the same places, and have the same kind of dates every week. It’s not necessarily a bad sign, it’s just something that happens to all couples at some point.
So here are some fun date ideas to break the routine and show your love to your significant other all year round!
Fun Date Ideas!
1. Make a recipe together – I love to bake (as you have probably noticed from my recipe posts!), and making something with my boyfriend that we can both enjoy later makes baking even more fun!
2.Go to a convention or festival – Is there something you’re both fans of? Find a local convention that celebrates it! For me, it’s awesome to go to the yearly Comic Con in Puerto Rico.
3. Go star gazing – It’s a cliche for a reason. Anybody would love a quiet, romantic evening cuddling with their sweetheart, watching a beautiful starry night. Find a perfect view together and enjoy the stars!
4. Play card games or board games – This is so much fun! It makes a great double date too.
5. Try a new restaurant – Sometimes couples find a place they like and they stick with it forever. Why not be spontaneous once in a while? Check out that place that itches your curiosity!
6. Have an “Fun Fact” session – I do this with my boyfriend once in a while and it can be really fun! It’s a great way to get to know each other, even if you’ve been together for years. Take turns to say one random fact about yourself. It can be about your likes and dislikes, your past, or even your hopes and dreams. It can be deep and serious, or just plain weird and funny! Just have fun with it.
7. Go to a museum – I love museums. There’s just a feeling about them that makes me feel at peace. But it can be a fun date too! It doesn’t have to be just paintings or anything like that. There are museums about all kinds of themes.
8. Have an arts and crafts day – Even if you don’t consider yourself artistic or creative, this can be an awesome date. Actually, it’s one of my favorite date ideas! Look for a project on Pinterest, find the materials you need and don’t be afraid to get messy! Don’t focus on the result of the project. Just have fun!
9. Play tourists for a day – You don’t even have to go outside of town. Find your own town’s touristic attractions (even if they are super lame!) and act like they’re the greatest things you’ve ever seen! Some might actually surprise you.
10. Have a spa and relaxation day – Life can become so stressful. Give yourselves a break! You don’t have to go to an expensive spa. Get some aromatic candles, give yourselves a back rub, listen to soothing music, and feel your troubles melt away!
11. Take a class together – I love taking classes with my boyfriend! Find a local class that you think you’d both enjoy, even if it’s just for laughs. It could even be an online class!
12. Make a blanket fort movie theater – Is watching Netflix an everyday activity for you? Give it a twist! Make a cute blanket fort, make some buttery popcorn and have your own comfy movie theater.
13. Go dancing – Dancing will always be romantic, even if you’re making complete fools of yourselves! If you can’t go out for some reason, turn your living room into a ballroom and dance away!
14. Have a photoshoot together – As a photographer, I have seen how happy couples are and how much fun they have when they’re having their pictures taken. I would recommend having a professional photography session (of course!), but you could also improvise with a tripod and your cellphone’s camera!
15. Have an outdoors adventure – You could go to the beach, go hiking, go camping, etc. There are so many fun outdoor activities. Pick one and make it an adventure.
16. Play a sport together – Play a one on one sport, but don’t make it about winning, just about having fun together!
17. Dress up and go out – Get fancy, dress formal, and go out looking like royalty! If you don’t have anything fancy to wear, you can always borrow from a friend or family member.
18. Go to an amusement park or water park – You might have to save up to go to an amusement or water park, but it will be worth it to have an extra fun day together.
19. Have a karaoke night – It doesn’t matter if neither or you sing well. You could pick a theme (like Disney songs!), take turns to sing, or sing duets.
20. Watch the sunset or the sunrise together – Another cliché, right? Well, it’s still fun and romantic!
21. Visit a bookstore or library – You could pick a book for each other, or just hang out and read.
22. Dedicate songs to each other and make a playlist – Have a musical date! Make a playlist of songs that expresses what you feel for one another. It doesn’t have to be all about sappy love songs! Add in some cute, funny songs that make each other smile.
23. Color in a coloring book together – Go back to feeling like a kid again, take some crayons, and color away!
24. Build something together – It could be for your home, or as a gift for a mutual friend. It could be as complicated as building a coffee table from scratch using a Youtube tutorial, or as simple as just putting together a store bought shelf. It’s still fun to work together and see the final result.
25. Show each other your baby pictures – If you haven’t done this yet, this is a must! It’s adorable to see your significant other as a tiny baby. You can also learn a lot about each other this way.
26. Go on a second ‘first date’ – Recreate your first date or just pretend you’re going out for the first time. Either way, this is a date that will make you feel butterflies in your stomach!
27. Go to a live event – A concert, a ballet, a play, a stand-up comedy, a local band’s first show, any of those would be super fun!
28. Make a couple’s bucket list – Make a list of all the things you would love to do or experience together in the future, and start working on it!
29. Pick a decade and dress up accordingly – Go out looking like you are time traveler’s from the past (or the future!).
30. Watch your favorite childhood cartoons together – This would be great combined with the blanket fort!
31. Work out together – You could try going to the gym and maybe eventually make it a routine to get fit together! You could also try an aerobics class, or a kickboxing class.
32. Have a talent show together or with friends – You don’t have to take it too seriously. Remember, it’s just to have fun!
33. Write a short story or poem and read it to each other – Again, it doesn’t have to be serious at all! Just try to make each other smile.
34. Have a picnic – Bring some snacks and a blanket, lay in a shade, and relax together.
35. Play video games – I would recommend playing a video game that neither of you have played before, just to have an even playing field! Also, take turns in who gets to pick the next game. Another fun date could be going to an arcade!
36. Put together a puzzle – Take on the challenge of putting together a huge puzzle. It could later turn into a great home decoration!
37. Make or buy pretty kites and fly them together – I remember making (or trying to make!) newspaper kites as a kid. That could be a fun activity to do together.
38. Have a bonfire and make s’mores – Warm, cozy, chocolaty date!
39. Have a breakfast date – Go out in your pj’s and share some french toast together!
40. Give each other a funny makeover – Go crazy with makeoup, change your hairstyles, take pictures, and laugh out loud.
41. Go out for a fancy dessert – Instead of a fancy dinner, how about a dessert date? Go all out, don’t hesitate on picking the fanciest, most indulgent delicacy!
42. Visit a toy store – This is one of my favorite date ideas too. It’s just fun to be a kid, get excited about toys!
43. Pick a country a have a themed date night – Italian dinner and an italian movie maybe?
44. Watch together the worst movie you can find – Trust me, this will be a memorable date. You’ll laugh ’till your cheeks hurt!
45. Play at a playground – Playing at the swings is my favorite! Let you inner kid take over!
46. Reminisce on your favorite memories together – Look through the pictures you’ve taken together, think back to when you first met. Your favorite memories will spark your favorite feelings.
47. Play your favorite childhood games – Maybe you enjoyed playing hide and seek. Play that!
48. Pick a movie and have a themed date night – Can you imagine what a Star Wars date would look like?
49. Go to a botanical garden or flower field – There’s something about being surrounded by flowers that just makes love feel in the air!
50. Take online personality quizzes – Lay back, share your results, and make fun of them!
51. Sketch a portrait of each other – Don’t take it too seriously. Make it fun!
52. Teach each other something new – Learning something new from your favorite person in the world can be a beautiful way to grow together.
Want to make these date ideas more fun? Make a note jar like this one with each prompt and pick one every time you’re going out!
Did you like this post? Pin this picture to share it with others!