Check out this yummy coconut macaroons recipe to make your day sweeter! ♥
Coconut macaroons are very popular in the Caribbean. Here in Puerto Rico, they are very well-liked. We call them “besitos de coco“, which translates to “coconut kisses”. Isn’t that sweet? ♥
However, there is no official coconut macaroons recipe, at least not that I could find. There are so many variations to it. I tried making one that included condensed milk, but the taste didn’t feel like puertorrican besitos de coco to me. So I kept researching recipes and making my own adjustments and ended up with this variation!
Here is my coconut macaroons recipe step by step procedure:
What you need
- 3 cups of Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup of All purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbs 0f Butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp 0f Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
Coconut Macaroons Recipe – Step by Step
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, almond, and butter.
3. Fold in the flour, the coconut flakes, and salt, making sure everything gets well incorporated.
4. Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to get even sized macaroons. Form little balls of the dough-like mixture with your hands, squeezing them to help them maintain their form. Place them in a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
And you’re done!
This recipe makes about 22 macaroons. You can add a chocolate drizzle if you like, but these simple coconut macaroons are really yummy and sweet on their own! I hope you enjoy them ♥ I know I will!
If you decide to make this recipe, don’t forget to add pictures in the comments section below!
Did you like this post? Pin this picture to share it with others!