Corner bookmarks look so cute, and they are so easy to make! I was in need of a decent bookmark, so I decided to make one myself. Read the step by step instructions to make one for all of your books!
I have been trying to become a more frequent reader lately, and although I like reading a book from cover to cover on one seating, sometimes I just don’t have the time.
So what happens next is I take any piece of paper lying around to mark the page I’m on, and if I can’t find anything, I just think I’ll remember the page number for next time… But that never happens because my memory is terrible! Today I found an easy solution for that
Corner bookmarks are awesome ♥
Of course, bookmarks are usually an inexpensive product to buy and they can be found anywhere, but I wanted to make one myself. I’ve always seen these kind of corner bookmarks on Pinterest and I think they’re adorable! But what I didn’t realize is that they are also super easy to make.
What you need
- Cute square scrapbook paper – I used American Crafts Studio Calico 6×6 Paper Pad. If you prefer, you can use any other kind of paper, but it has to be square, so you can just cut it down if it’s not.
- Scissors – These are optional. I did not need scissors for my corner bookmark (which was for a book that measured 9″x6″ approximately). However, if you will be using your corner bookmarks on smaller books, you might need scissors to cut your paper to 5″x5″ or less.
- The book you are currently reading (of course!)
Step by Step
1. Choose a square scrapbook paper with a pretty design.
2. With the decorative side face down, fold the paper into a triangle.
3. Fold only one side of the center corner down to the base of the triangle.
4. Fold the longest corners of the triangle into the center corner remaining.
5. Fold both corners down to the inside, creating a pocket.
5. Now place a few pages of your book inside the pocket of your corner bookmark, and that’s it!
You can customize them however you like! You can draw on them or cut some other pieces of paper to make other features on them. In fact, I’ve seen a bunch of these corner bookmarks as cute animals with little ears poking out, or even as cartoon characters.
Still, I really like keeping them simple, because scrapbook papers are already adorable to me. So I made a few more corner bookmarks the same way.
I did, however, make one corner bookmark on a blank paper, and just wrote on it with a black marker with an extremely simple design, and I liked it a lot too.
Just be creative and let your imagination tell you what to do in terms of additional decorations! Enjoy your book! ♥
Did you like this post? Pin this picture to share it with others!