This scrapbook paper box tutorial will make your life easier for the times you just need a cute box for a small gift, or even to decorate or organize your things. You just need a few materials that you can find at any craft store.
Have you ever wanted to give someone a small gift but don’t have the time to go to the store to buy wrapping paper, or just can’t find the right sized box? I have seen myself in these kind of situations so many times. But since I am addicted to scrapbook paper, I always have some stored, and this super cute and easy to make scrapbook paper box has been the perfect solution for my gift-making problems!
What you need:
- Glue or tape [Optional]
- Scrapbook Paper
You will need two square pieces of scrapbook paper (or any other decorative sturdy, but manageable, paper). If your box does not need a lid, you will just need one square paper. Remember, take into consideration what you want to use the box for. If it’s for a heavy object, you will need a sturdier paper. You can use any size of paper, as long as it’s square. However, make sure it will fit what you want inside the box. I will use a 12 x 12 inch scrapbook paper, and since I want mine to have a lid, I will cut a second square paper to about 11.5 x 11.5.
Here are some pretty scrapbook papers I found on Amazon that you might like:
Scrapbook Paper Box Tutorial
The steps are super easy, but it gets a little confusing by just reading them. So take a good look at the pictures to really understand the instructions. I suggest you use another paper as practice, just so you can get the hang at it first, and then use the pretty paper you want for your box.
[Follow steps 1-8 for an open box, or for the top of a closed box. Steps 9 and 10 are for the bottom of a closed box.]
1. Make sure the decorative side of your paper is face down. Fold your square paper to form a triangle. Repeat on the other side. The lines in the picture below represents the folds you need to make on your paper.
2. Fold each corner to the center of your paper. The lines created by these folds are important for the next step.
3. Fold one corner of the paper to the line created by the last fold. Repeat for every other corner. These folds will also be guidelines for the next steps.
4. Using the folds from step #2, fold two corners facing each other. Next, cut through the four lines created by the folds from step #3. Stop cutting when you reach the folded corners.
5. Fold the two sides from step #4 facing each other to the center.
6. Fold the small flaps you just cut to the inside, facing each other.
7. Next, place them facing the flaps from the other side, and fold the big flap over them.
8. *Optional* The box should stay in place without any adhesive, but you can secure it with a dot of glue or a small piece of tape if you find it necessary.
9. Cut your second paper just a little bit smaller than the first (half an inch or less) to create the bottom part of the box.
10. Repeat all the steps (1-8).
That’s it! This scrapbook paper box tutorial is so easy to make. I have already used a few of these little cute boxes for gifts, and everyone loves them!
The best part is that you don’t even need to wrap them, since the scrapbook paper is already so pretty ♥ However, you can add any embellishments you want to give it your own touch. Have fun with it!
Check out a great way to use this scrapbook paper box here!
Did you like this tutorial? Pin this picture to share with others!